Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Jane Eyre


Add another book to my new bookcase! (digitally speaking)

I am reading Jane Eyre! And don't ask me what page I'm on or what chapter ... my free iPod downloaded book does not allow for those luxuries. *smirk*
(I am getting so tired of the LOL, why and how did this become popular in the first place?)

Back to Jane Eyre, or Janet as Monsieur Rochester lovingly calls her ... I had this book on my iPod for months and not until the other night when I saw a late night movie about it did I get up the courage to read it. It is quite different from the movie, but the movie helps me to read it. The profusion of descriptions used in their language -- it is like trying to focus on every car in a nascar race all at once. I wish I could create comparisons, allusions, and analogies as they do, it seems their mind is always on the books they read.

Jane ... I like her and I don't get her. She's a bit off to me, but kind of reminds me of me because she's off. I wish she and I were on because it bugs me! I wish I were more passionate sometimes.

However, someone I met commented that in the book Mr.Rochester is described similarly to Edward Cullen ... nooooo! No, I don't see it. They're attitudes are totally different and I will entertain that idea no longer.

I think I'll go see the newer movie, now in theatres.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...