Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Upset, Confused, Gipped?

Wow. So it seems my turn down Bitchy Avenue is turning up more than I bargained for. I started out by calling his house. His dad answered. He asked who I was, how I knew him, why I was calling. I explained the whole thing, he said how much? I told him $400. He made one of those "Oh my God" sounds but not in English, and after a few more korean words I realized he was handing the phone to Jeena, his daughter, instructing her to explain a situation to me(I think he said that part in English for my benefit.)

So Jeena explained that Rich hasn't been home in 2 months or more. He doesn't keep in touch, and he's been borrowing money from friends and taking money out of his family's bank account. That explains a lot.

I explained my situation to her too, she said don't give him any more money ... pfft. NOT a problem. So I told her he was picking up the money in Flushing, so that's probably where he is ... and now I think his ex-gf has something to do with it. I think he's living with her, and he cant come up with money.

To push the envelope ... I honestly don't think he graduated college now. I didn't see his name in the graduate book, and although we had made plans to meet up that day he came up with some sketchy excuse that he didn't get my text. Everyone and their grandfathers received graduation-related texts that day... hmmm.

I think he's addicted to the lazy life, his ex-gf (gf?) scares the shit out of him, his car smelled of weed last time I remember ... he's probably on crack ... if he persisted in asking me for $20 as a lie to take a cab, I'm sure he really wanted it for drugs.

So now I don't know what to do. His family can't reach him, he's not replying to me ... and the money he was sending through Paypal was actually from his family's bank account. I don't want to ask them for the money, and I certainly won't right now ... but it doesn't look like he'll pay me and I really cant afford to lose $400. I don't even make that much in a week. So if it comes down to it, I'll have to ask them but I'm praying God leads him to fix his mistakes and soon.

Still don't want anything to do with him though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...