Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Expedia-Groupon SCAM

I'd just like to show how messed up Expedia is!!! and Groupon too for that matter! I'm sure their new collaboration is what is driving these prices!!

There is an "all inclusive" vacation deal going on now that I wanted to buy for my mother as a gift ... all-inclusive except for airfare. And so I waited to read the deal and research prices and for her to see if she could get time off from work before I tried to buy it.

The first day I saw it, the Expedia ticket to the Antigua was $408 for a 4hr 15 minute nonstop round trip for late October ... this was 2 days ago ... remember Groupon doesn't put up deals for that long. Now the ticket is a whopping $637 for a 2 stop flight that makes travel time almost 12 hours!!!


So MAYBE I'm just crazy because I don't have proof of the $408. Well I did an experiment. I tried for December ... $394.60 each for a 4 hr 15 minute nonstop roundtrip ...


and then I REFRESHED the page to search for the same criteria ... (nyc to anu)

$425 each!! For a 1 stop flight that takes 7 hours and 10 minutes!!

COME ON!! This is bullshit ... I can't afford it now ... Glad I wasnt one of those people who bought it first then checked with my job & the airlines.

Oh... and the Groupon expires Dec 20, 2011... great.

Expedia-Groupon: What is the point of collaborating when you stick people into a hole they cannot afford and call it a "deal"?

My advice, if you use these companies, stay local!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...