Thursday, August 30, 2012

I want more (representations of) love from you

So my marine boyfriend probably thinks it's understandable that he still hasn't gotten me a birthday gift because he is on deployment....wrong! He was still here at the start of July so he had enough time to make arrangements. Last year he waited until he was in town to celebrate my birthday...and I honestly can't remember what we did. Which is why I told him not to do it again. My birthday isn't going to wait on his presence, and neither should my gift. while I know it's because he wants to experience it with me because it had more meaning that way, it still gives me the feeling that my birthday isn't properly acknowledged by him when he is not around. He should've scheduled a present or flowers to be delivered...anything. I'm not asking for jewels here. (Maybe if I was I'd at least get something).

August is almost up, although I reminded him shortly before my birthday about my issue with this. I know him enough to know that I won't get it before he returns, for whatever reason. But when he comes back all the gifts in the world won't help him. I'm a romantic person...I want to be held, hold hands, be courted, surprised, be given flowers just because, go on dates, be sung songs and poems, be kissed, and surprised with gifts. All without me telling him what to do (hence the romance and the surprise). Of course this is all much more romantic in person, but we've seen each other less than a month for the past year because we are in different states. He's my best friend too, so he knows me. Alex has good ideas, but A) he doesn't act on them B)Asks me before he does (so it's not a complete surprise) C) waits until he is in town (which is never long enough to do everything) I don't want to make him seem like a bad boyfriend but he has bad habits that leave me feeling... lonely. (But with his " male instinct" he gets threatened when other guys are nice to me.) *** Alex, they can be nice all they want... I seek affection from you but you're not responding to my feelings, you are only responding to yours.*** It may be because of the military lifestyle, or maybe he is just plain stubborn to change his way of thinking. But it's how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...