Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pride and Unemployment

Job hunting is not for the faint of heart.
I've had great interviews, no call backs. And so many more resumés sent out. It is frustrating, because although my availability is now limited, I cannot seem to find anything to offer upward mobility or jobs that pay well.

At this point, I need something...dare I say anything. My wallet is only good for carrying an ID right now. And so in that vein I applied to Sears as a cashier. I don't frown on a hard day's work, but I had to control my facial muscles as the interviewer (who looked to be in my age group) explained that although the position is not entry level I seem to be "a promising young woman. It pays $7.25 an hour (minimum wage) and I'll have to prove myself to her."

Did I mention I have a Bachelor of Science degree?

My tuition cost more per hour than this job. Breakfast costs more than the minimum wage, and gas is not far off.


But I will go on in prayer. All things in God's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...