Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Courting like a Gentleman

I'm sitting here watching millionaire matchmaker. And I'm pleasantly surprised by this one guy who I thought was an empty barrel. He started off playing up his net worth and his wrestling persona, even saying that he likes when women fight over him because it just goes to show there must be something about it. I was not impressed. **double Mckayla Maroney face.**

But and a big but!
He turned out to have a sweet and funny side. He left a trail of skittles for her to follow into a yoga studio where they did a private session. Then he took her to dinner and called her dad while on the date to chat. It was sweet, he was humble, and he didn't drop money/status hints.
I'm kinda jealous :-) not for him, but that's a great first date for me (especially if he left me some skittles).

I'm that girl who grew up prizing independence and not seeing men display affection. It turns me off when a guy doesn't try to be affectionate, especially in a thoughtful way. I don't expect money will be an object for me in the future so I don't want someone who thinks money is enough to hold my attention.

Sigh. Hoping it happens for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...